To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below
My client in the solar industry is looking for a Trust Co-ordinator to join their team in Cape Town.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the execution on the mandate of the various Community and District trusts related to the integrated economic development (ED) strategy linked to all Southern African power plants including the management of the trusts’ key stakeholders.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Trust Project Identification, Design and Implementation
- Undertaking the sourcing, screening and support of suitable project proposals to be funded that would benefit the communities in the short, medium and / or long term, with a focus on catalytic, large-scale projects that are strategic in nature;
- Be informed by the 20-year integrated economic development (ED) strategy to ensure that that trust projects are not ad-hoc, but rather complementing the strategic outcomes within the integrated ED strategy;
- Research within various sectors and industries, as well as the provinces where our renewable energy projects are located, to inform project proposals (including political risk analysis on sustainability projects and communities);
- Incorporate synergies and input from an environmental and governance perspective, supplementing the social view;
- Stay up-to-date with international best practice frameworks and legislation pertaining to social responsibility (such as ISO 26000, IFC Strategic Community Investment Handbook, etc.);
- Look at how different trust projects support and build on each other that there is a network of projects as opposed to acting independently, and create efficiencies with multiple projects to ensure maximum outcome for the communities;
- Review the strategy (as and when required) to ensure that the trusts are on track to achieve the short, medium and / or long-term objectives and obtain input from the trustees on a continuous basis regarding amendments to the strategic components;
- Be informed by the global Community Investments Procedure and Framework (and other relevant policies and procedures) applied in the company;
- Taking corrective action and involving the relevant team members and external service providers or project partners if there is a risk that trust projects are not meeting milestones or heading off-track;
- Prepare, manage and track financial budgets and cash flow projections for all trust projects (with support from the Sustainability Analyst where required);
- Undertaking the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of all trust projects supported in line with the M&E Framework (with support from the Trust Administrator) (refer to 2. below).
2. Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects
- On an ongoing basis, using the M&E framework design and agree upon a set of indicators and outcomes to measure the expected outcomes of each of the trust projects implemented;
- On an ongoing basis, in consultation with service providers and project partners, design and implement performance indicators for all trust projects;
- Overseeing the project management with time and budgetary constraints of all trust projects approved by the trustees in the Trust Meetings;
- Setting of milestones and key performance indicators (KPIs) for trust projects and overseeing the progress towards achieving these (with the support from the Trust Administrator);
- On an ongoing basis, utilize feedback received from the assessments on trust projects to improve project offerings and performance of service providers and project partners.
3. Trust meetings
- Oversee all trust meetings and preparation processes, including management and strategic updates, trust projects to present for approval, trust finances, report back and M&E;
- Co-ordination of, and liaison with, all relevant role-players/partners/staff and departments for input into trust meeting packs (in close collaboration with the Trust Administrator);
4. Stakeholder Management
- Oversee all stakeholder engagement processes and public participation with all trust stakeholder groups, including the Stakeholder Engagement Forum (SEF) focus groups (in close collaboration with the ED Manager);
- Manage and facilitate the engagements with high-level key trust stakeholders;
- Oversee the support, assessment and processing of project proposals arising from the SEF caucus and plenary processes (only applicable to projects that are aligned to the trusts mandate and are catalytic and large scale in nature).
5. Management of the Trust Administrator
- Ensure ongoing support, development and guidance of the Trust Administrator, that he/she is able to reach their full potential and contribute effectively and efficiently to the South African trust operations.
6. General Support to Sustainability
- General support to Sustainability as part of the team to ensure efficient functioning of the matrix in the ongoing development and refinement of a system increasing the probability of success of all sustainability interventions.
- Bachelor of Commerce/Economics degree, Development Economics, Development studies, Law or related degree
- Master’s degree in any of the above would be ideal
- Advanced project management skills are critical
- Research and analysis skills are critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Office competency
- Financial administration experience is advantageous
- Trust governance, legal and tax experience is advantageous (Trust Governance landscape in South Africa)
|Job Category||Energy and Renewable Energy Solutions, Solar / Power Generation|