To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will form part of the teams that are responsible for the development, integration and maintenance of in-house developed applications, providing innovative tools to the end user, ensuring a seamless, intuitive hosting experience to our customers.
The ideal candidate will be adept at automated testing of web applications and maintaining Selenium test automation frameworks. You will be expected to develop, implement and maintain automated tests on an existing framework. You will need to work collaboratively with the quality assurance teams to triage problems, write bug reports, and perform validation. Following and adding to the existing test procedures, guidelines, standards and processes. You should be willing to learn and work on new technologies. You will play a big part in maturing our CI/CD processes.
- Ability to write automation scripts and reporting structure for automation
- Ability to support, maintain, document, and write automation test scripts for software testing
- Maintain and support the existing test automation framework.
- Review daily test automation reports and raise bugs when needed.
- Identify and evaluate new technologies for testing purposes.
- Take ownership of the QA teams automation framework, test automation implementation, validation of scripts, test VMs and initial documentation.
- Exposure to high-veracity automated tests of diverse systems including APIs, services, and web apps.
- Experience with test automation tools. (Preferably Selenium)
- Experience working in software development environments.
- Be proficient in integrating automated tests into a continuous integration process. (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Have well-honed technical problem solving and analytical skills.
- Be proficient in high-level languages, preferably Java.
- Working knowledge of conceptual programming techniques/paradigms such as OOP and S.O.L.I.D principles.
- Basic understanding of data structures and how to make use of collections within the chosen language.
- Have a solid understanding of software testing concepts and techniques.
- Be able to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely.
- Be well versed in software engineering tools and best practices.
- Thoroughly understand persistence and networking concepts and technologies.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Experience with using test management or bug management tools. (JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements for testing.
- Create and maintain test function libraries, test automation scripts and data files necessary to improve and expand our continuous integration system.
- Follow and improve on the existing test strategy, process, and best practices.
- Review test automation scripts/plans developed by peers.
- Continual revision of methods, tools and concepts employed by the QA team.
- Maintaining a high level of productivity and practices within your team.
- BSc or BTech majoring in Computer Science is a plus.
- ISTQB Certification is a plus.
- Either of the above will be advantageous, however, your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the web technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Selenium WebDriver/ Automation concepts.
- Maven and TestNG
- Java, C# or another object oriented programming languages
- Jira or another similar issue tracking system
- JMeter, SoapUI, Postman or Insomnia
- IDEs such as Intellij, NetBeans Visual Studio
- Jenkins or another tool that facilitates continuous integration and continuous delivery.
|Job Category||Information Technology|