To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below
Our client in the software (Mining) sector is currently looking for a Technical Sales Rep.
Working throughout the Africa region the key expectations for the role are to initiate, progress and close company product opportunities as well as deliver technical presentations to clients, both in a direct sales environment and at trade shows and conferences.
This position is required to contribute to the development of sales and marketing collateral, manage tender responses where requested and coordinate the generation of sales proposals.
To be considered for this position, you must possess:
- Tertiary degree in geology or mine engineering
- 2-10 years’ experience in an operational capacity
- Some commercial experience will be highly regarded
- Exposure to fleet management systems is essential
- The ability and appetite to learn sales skills (e.g. lead generation, networking, communication, solution identification, closing)
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a business environment
Responsibilities of the position will include, but not be limited to:
- Present and sell the company product solution to new prospects in the specified region; including technical presales demonstrations
- Identify potential customers and contact key personnel to arrange product demonstrations, quotes and other sales-related tasks
- Participate in marketing events such as trade shows, seminars and product launches as and when required
- Follow up leads and referrals resulting from marketing and/or field activities
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts
- Liaise with existing clients to ensure their needs are being met
- Identify opportunities to provide additional products and/or training and support services to existing clients
- Maintain client, lead and opportunity data in the CRM database system
Prepare and maintain status reports including activity, closings and follow-ups
|Job Category||Mining, Software|