Permanent | AA/EE
Posted 1 month ago
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below.
Our client, a well-known heavy construction business based in Secunda Mpumalanga, currently seeks to hire a Team Leader- Cranes to join their established team. In this role, you will assume overall responsibility for the success of the branch and manage the efficient running of the cranes division to ensure that the client receives a service of the highest standard.
- Matriculation Certificate
- Valid Driver’s licence
- Valid Crane Operators certificate with rigging skills
- 5 years’ crane operation and 5 years’ rigging experience
- Management of 12 operators; as well as 12 cranes with full branch functionalities.
- Previous experience in interfacing with: Operators, Managers, Health & Safety staff, administrators, clients and subcontractors
- Must be medically fit/ pass site medical
- Experienced in administration with strong computer literacy skills
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Allocate appropriate cranes and crews to the relevant jobs
- Ensure the delivery of a positive Customer Experience in the provisioning of services
- Conduct site surveys
- Schedule the transportation of staff, counterweights, outrigger pads, rigging gear, and site offices to name a few
- Ensure the relevant staff report to site on time
- Assist with crane setup where necessary
- Control the accurate timekeeping of all staff being managed
- Ensure that cranes are inspected daily and arrange with workshop for any repairs where required
- Ensure that cranes are sent out with accurate written instructions, as well as the relevant paperwork i.e., certification documents, client contracts, delivery notebook, risk assessment book, as well as diesel card if required
- Ensure all applicable road permits are obtained before the job commences
- Ensure good housekeeping in the office and yard areas
- Conduct site visits and report on all defects, non-conformance or any other problems that occur on site
- Operate cranes if so required and certified
- Undertake basic rigging tasks when required
- Assess staff training requirements and ensure ongoing training
- Assist with after-hour calls from clients and operators
- Assist with keeping certification files up to date
- In conjunction with the SHEQ Risk Officer, ensure that branch implemented SHE protocols are adhered to.
- Ensure that company vehicles, including plant & equipment, are maintained in good condition & running order
- Approval of Service Providers as required
- Approval of branch expenses and overseeing relevant orders, along with reviews of quotations, quality and price negotiation
- Manage petty cash, including capturing of all transactions, balancing and requisitions to replenish
- Provide both formal and informal feedback on a regular basis
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Construction, Engineering|