To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below
Understand and translate business requirements into quality system solutions and ensure optimal system performance and stability through support and continuous improvement. This is a permanent position based in Cape Town.
- Analyse current systems solutions and business requirements
Interpret and provide input to translate business requirements into business requirement definitions and specifications
Analyse and evaluate required system enhancements
Analyse existing systems and interfaces for modification / improvement purposes
- Design new or enhanced systems to accommodate business needs
Participate in the process design or re-design and translate business / user requirements / processes into less complex system design
Design less complex system enhancements
Change systems specifications based on testing problems / changing requirements
Design interfaces with other systems
Provide input to deployment plans based on designs
- Testing of proposed solutions
Develop system test plans for system and integration testing
Perform systems testing and integration testing, and feedback results
- Participate in the implementation of new solutions to ensure successful integration into current environment
Manage the creation and hand-over of the system administration procedures
Participate in the post-implementation reviews for completed projects
- Support current solutions
Resolve user queries
Ensure the stability of the existing systems environment
Provide input to programming support teams
Provide functional guidance
- Collaborate with and support ITS and the Business
Integrate with relevant business and IT teams
Provide system input to design of user training material
Provide operational support to the business area
Provide knowledge transfer and support to team members
- Create and maintain documentation
Develop and maintain all relevant SDLC documentation
Document, publish and maintain system design (new system developments and enhancements) and all interfaces with other systems
- 3 years IT degree/ diploma
- 3 -5 years relevant experience
- May be required to perform standby duties
- Retail experience advantageous
- Knowledge of relevant methodologies (ability to translate business requirements into systems requirements)
- Appropriately derives and organises the essence of information to draw solid conclusions
- Looks beyond symptoms to uncover root causes of problems to be solved
- Synthesises data from different sources to identify trends
- Presents problem analysis and a recommended solution rather than just identifying and describing the problem itself
- Proactively approaches others to obtain missing information
- Takes action to reconcile discrepancies
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- Clearly defines objectives and translates them into workable activities
- Plans with a realistic sense of the time and resource demands involved, maintaining awareness of the interrelationships between own and other activities/project
- Anticipates potential obstacles and their impact on the accomplishment of goals and timelines and propose/ take corrective action where required
- Monitors and tracks progress to ensure delivery of all planned commitments, and keeps the appropriate people informed
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Prepares written reports and briefs and communicates ideas clearly.
- Speaks fluently in team meetings when presenting information.
- Manages existing partnerships within established agreements or contracts; negotiates adjustments when mutually beneficial to do so.
- Discusses issues and exchanges information with partners to identify areas of mutual interest and benefit.
- Convinces others by identifying benefits for all; looks for ways to increase the value of the partnership for all parties.
- Genuinely cultivates personal bonds with colleagues in order to enhance performance throughout the organisation.
|Job Category||Retail / Information Technology|