To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below
We require a Support Engineer to provide exceptional support and maintenance on in-field smart sensors and system installations at mining sites.
Installation and commissioning of the clients machine vision systems (incl. IP camera, IP laser, network switches, LED lights, etc.) on client equipment such as conveyor belts and flotation cells, with a focus on:
• Sensor mounting and configuration
• Network connectivity & configuration
• Low voltage power supply
• Software installation & XML configuration
• Handover, training and client engagement
• On-going remote sensor health monitoring and diagnostics
• Remote monitoring and remote maintenance of all the clients sensors in the field
• Regularly liaising with client to troubleshoot technical issues and to advise the customer
• Remote setup, configuration, calibration and updating software
• Debug sensor, OPC and data integrity problems
• Automated troubleshooting toolbox and standard operating procedure (SOP) development to solve recurring problems more efficiently
• Liaising with internal & client IT department regarding infrastructure architecture planning and maintenance
On-going field services
• Travel to site – estimated at 20-30 trips per year (trip duration typically 2-5 days, but may at times be up to 4 weeks)
• Working closely with our Support Technicians based in Johannesburg & Cape Town.
• Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
• Self-motivated, responsible and able to work unsupervised.
• Based in Northern Cape, preferably in Katu or surrounding areas.
• Minimum 3 years working experience
• Onsite Services experience (Minerals processing and Mining industry beneficial)
• Software scripting experience
• Experience in selection/troubleshooting and configurations in Electronics (Power supplies, PLC’s, WiFi, Flood Lights, IP Cameras and more) and in Hardware (Servers, network devices, Wi-Fi and other IT equipment)
• Knowledge of server & database hosting, firewalling, etc.
• Ability to identify electronic issues and to replace or fix the relevant problem.
• Knowledge of OPC Communication and Setup
• Ability to work within a team of suppliers to ensure delivery of solutions to all clients.
|Job Category||IT, Mining, Software|