Permanent | AA/EE
Posted 3 weeks ago
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below.
Our client, a large automotive component manufacturer, is currently seeking to hire a Supplier Development to join their growing team in New Germany, Durban. In this role, you will be responsible for all supplier audits, supplier development activities and supplier improvements to close any associated gaps that exists between the suppliers and the business, including levelling up to the automotive standards.
Minimum specifications / requirement areas
- Minimum of 5 years’ auditing experience within the automotive industry
- Minimum of NQF6 Production / Engineering diploma
- Valid Auditors Certificate (IATF / ISO 9001)
- A valid driver’s license and an ability to work additional hours based on operational requirements
- Must be able to travel nationally
- Basic engineering inspection skills and use of measuring equipment
- Use of quality core tools (Advanced Product Quality Planning / FMEA / PSW / PPAP / MSA / SPC)
- Exposure to lean manufacturing processes and problem-solving techniques
- Understanding of project management principles and processes
- Conduct MPT’s on new parts
- Tool making exposure- advantageous
Main duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Identify suppliers to be audit against past performance, conduct audits according to an annual audit plan and report on findings.
- Establish and execute a supplier development plan based on audits conducted and close out audit findings.
- Track suppliers on an ongoing basis and update the quality management system (QMS).
- Conduct ad hoc audits to identify supplier non-conformances (line rejects/risks)
- Conduct new supplier verification to establish future potential suppliers.
- Drive achievement of BBB-EE targets for supplier development by conducting supplier visits and sourcing audits
- Lead with direction to suppliers to implement improvements. Identified through audits.
- Raise Global 8 Disciplines (G8Ds) based on supplier non-conformances, track progress, verify closure of actions in partnership with the SHEQ department.
- Maintain the company’s asset register by adding new assets onto the asset register, validating existing assets and tagging assets during audits.
- Prepare and review and asset maintenance plans.
- Manage tooling orders by generating orders for suppliers and tracking progress to ensure tool stage payments are done efficiently.
- Arrange for collection or disposal of assets and provide photos of tools upon customer requests.
- Prepare and issue monthly performance reports and submit to the Expeditor for comments.
- Perform general administration tasks including issuing of letters to suppliers, updating MDWT boards and updating Exco and Board reports.
- Provide support to Production to investigate quality issues raised by suppliers.
- Participate in scrap meetings and supplier process reviews.
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Automotive Manufacturing|