To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below.
Our international client, a web-hosting and ISP company, with its Head Offices in Cape Town currently seeks to appoint a Social Media Specialist who will be responsible for planning and implementing their social media engagement in support of their content marketing strategy to increase brand awareness and drive traffic to their website(s).
- Create conversation calendars tailored to and split via the various social channels on a monthly, weekly or campaign basis. We are looking for consistent, meaningful posts that support our content marketing efforts. This includes designing as well as writing the social media posts
- Publish posts on the pre-approved social media platforms (i.e., Facebook, Instagram & LinkedIn), promoting customer engagement and Word of Mouth marketing
- Grow the brand’s social presence and maintain these online communities, which will include identifying key influencers as well as responding to queries in a timely manner, escalating complaints or concerns to the contact centre team where relevant. Note: we do not want our social media platform to evolve into an additional customer support channel. We are intentionally using social media to build our brand community and share our content
- Day-to-day oversight of the client’s press portals and review pages (i.e., Google reviews)
- Track and analyse overall social and content performance, suggesting recommendations to adjust the social media marketing strategy for optimal results. Compile a bi-annual content and community management strategy review.
- Be in the loop with the latest social trends, innovations and developments and bring new ideas to the table for both organic and paid campaigns
- Keep an eye on the competitor landscape, highlighting new opportunities for the team to explore from a content and partnership point of view
- Work closely with the marketing team on campaigns from conception to implementation
- Help to deliver a consistent brand experience across all platforms
- Develop and maintain customer competition terms and conditions where relevant
- Represent the client as a brand ambassador at marketing events
Qualifications and Experience:
- A diploma or equivalent in marketing and social media management
- Demonstrable experience in managing a social media presence
- Experience in using social media tracking or publishing software would be an advantage
Suitable candidates should email their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful.