To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly below.
My client in the engineering industry is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team in Ireland.
The role of Senior Mechanical Engineer will have you planning, managing and coordinating all of the engineering and commissioning activities within the business unit. To oversee the process’s for design management, commissioning and project engineering ensuring consistent application of agreed procedures and utilisation of standard forms. The role of Senior Mechanical Engineer also requires the ongoing mentoring of all engineering personnel in the region to ensure their continued development.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Ensure the design management process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role
- Ensure the Commissioning lead process is followed by either taking on the role directly or appointing an individual responsible for this role
- On-going monitoring of the project engineering process to ensure compliance and mentoring of the project engineers when required
- Structured mentoring of the graduate engineer’s in line with plan agreed with Engineering Manager
- Assist BUL in resolving any significant technical issues that cannot be resolved on site
- Monthly progress reporting to the BUL and Engineering Manager
- Assist BUL with recruiting of and appointing engineering support to individual projects
- Technical review of Tenders when required, manage outsourcing of review on larger tenders
- Attend Tender Interviews as required to promote technical capabilities
- Highlight emerging technologies and technically and technically access innovative suggestions in the region.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- 8+ years relevant experience, of which 3+ years has been spent in a design/consultancy capacity
- Data Centre and or Pharmaceutical experience will be advantageous, but strong commercial experience will also be considered
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Drives for results
- Leads and influences others
- Innovates and leads in mechanical/technical activity and challenges
- Plans and effectively manages projects
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.