To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below
Our international client, a web-hosting and ISP company, with its Head Offices in Cape Town currently seeks to appoint a Senior Marketing Writer who will be responsible for creating relatable, interesting and helpful on-brand content articles, emails, social media posts, landing pages, scripts, banners and campaigns.
As the Senior Marketing Writer, you will:
- Understand and embody the client’s tone of voice, using your understanding to apply our tone across all marketing material.
- Be the advocate of the Client’s customers, understanding their perspective and intent – applying that thinking to creating content that guides them to success and helps them to make informed decisions.
- Promote copy guidelines, best practices and standards that are implemented across all teams.
- Take briefs, critically analyse them and use them to write creative, clear content for articles, emails, landing pages, online campaigns and videos.
- Write copy that meets the client’s brand goals and objectives, edit yourself and be able to give critical, meaningful criticism to your teammates.
- Offer support to our freelance writers and agencies, ensuring prompt delivery of quality content.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders within the Client’s Product & Customer Service teams, representing the Client’s brand voice and customer-centric approach.
- Act as the proof-reader and copy editor for colleagues, ensuring the brand values and messaging is consistent across all customer touchpoints (this includes UX and operational communications).
- Work closely with designers / developers to ensure content is up to date and uploaded timeously.
- Manage multiple projects at once and adjust content according to feedback.
- A native English speaker with at least 6 years’ experience in content creation, writing, editing and/or content strategy. You’re passionate about technology and marketing great products in a creative way. You can quickly write clear, meaningful content in a relatable, conversational tone of voice.
- You’re a team player, good listener and an independent thinker. You ask the right questions to understand the task at hand. You take constructive feedback well.
Suitable candidates should email their updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please consider your application as unsuccessful..