To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly below.
My client in the engineering industry is looking for a Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Northern Europe.
The main purpose of the role is to manage the Electrical Quantity Surveying functions for various contracts, and to ensure the maximum commercial benefit for the company. We have several requirements for experienced Senior Electrical Quantity Surveyors in prestigious projects across Northern Europe
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Skilled in budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans
- Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims. Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing
- Ability to work on own initiative and can prioritise without direction
- Speed and accuracy of information a priority
- Negotiate, as necessary, with clients or their representatives
- Set an example of enthusiasm, loyalty and hard work in the performance of all duties.
- Minimum 7+ years of Quantity surveying experience on Electrical Projects is essential
- QS Degree
- Proficient in Excel
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management and QS Role within construction
- Knowledge of contract conditions and their applications
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub-Contractor relations, and installations
- Excellent Communication / Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Record Keeping and Administration Skills
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.