To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below.
A Consulting Engineering Company has a position available in the EPCM Design Centre for an Electrical Engineer to be based in Menlyn, Pretoria.
Reporting to the Lead E&I Engineer, the incumbent will be responsible for all electrical design activities for the assigned project scope. The incumbent must be able to deliver projects independently with the assistance of the Lead Engineer.
The ideal incumbent will have a minimum of 10 years or 5 years of post-registration relevant electrical design experience in an EPC/EPCM environment, focusing on mining and industrial industries.
• Relevant Engineering qualification: Pr. Eng / Pr. Tech Eng
• Minimum 10 years of relevant Electrical Systems design experience in EPC/EPCM environment.
• Proven experience in Factory Acceptance Testing and commissioning of electrical systems.
• Strong knowledge of electrical design requirements & practices through the various project execution phases, preferably in the mining or industrial sector.
• Experience on brown fields projects and/or projects requiring integration with existing systems.
• Must be able to function well in a small team environment. Must be able to deliver the electrical design in totality with the help of the draughtsmen.
• Will be required to travel to project sites, on an as needed basis, to support the design and/or construction activities.
• Exposure to Control and Instrumentation will be an added advantage.
• Good understanding of Integrated Design Tools
Principal Job Duties and Responsibilities
Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings of advanced complexity with the help of the draughtsmen.
Good understanding of the design principles related to the following systems:
• MV Overhead Lines (Distribution sector);
• MV Switchgear;
• LV Switchgear;
• Motor Control Centres;
• Lighting and small power;
• Earthing and Lightning Protection;
• Generator Installations;
• UPS Installations;
Exposure to solar, wind and alternative energy system will be an added advantage.
Deliver Electrical documents and drawings including, but not limited to, the following:
• Design calculations;
• Single Line Diagrams;
• Equipment Lay-outs;
• Schematic Diagrams;
• Racking and Routing Drawings;
• General Arrangement Drawings;
• Cable Block Diagrams;
• Panel General Arrangement Drawings.
• Progress Reports and Meetings;
• Design Criteria;
• Design Report;
• Equipment Data Sheets;
• Cable Schedules
• BOQ inputs
Perform system design reviews.
Perform field surveys.
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Engineering, Mining|