Welcome to Kwena recruitment services
To apply through our recruitment agency, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly below.
Role reports to:
Software Development Manager
Role minimum requirements:
The role’s minimum requirements are:
• BSc IT degree in Computer Science – 3 years or more.
• 5+ years of solid professional/commercial coding experience in C# and SQL Server (production code standards).
• Own transport and up to date driver’s license.
• Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills
• Wide range of IT and programming skills, particularly Microsoft C# and Microsoft SQL.
• Excellent knowledge of the latest.NET Frameworks.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate with other team members.
• Self-development skills to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends.
• Professional approach to time, costs, quality of work, and deadlines.
• Willingness to take on additional responsibility to ensure team success and quality solutions.
• Team player that understands how their own work is important to the team’s success.
• Ability to lead/mentor small teams of developers
• Ability to multitask across different projects and technologies.
• A desire to constantly learn and share new knowledge, whether this is reading a book, writing a blog post or presenting a lunch-and-learn.
• Pro-active research and development of new technologies to stay relevant.
• Must be able to handle a fast-pace, high-pressure environment.
Additional skills that may be advantageous: The role’s recommended requirements are:
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Azure.
• Good working knowledge of Agile development practises.
• Good working knowledge of Docker containers.
• Good working knowledge of microservices.
• Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer certification strongly preferred.
The role’s main responsibilities will at least be the following (but not limited to):
• Ability to lead small teams of software developers.
• Planning, designing and developing new feature functionality for software applications per customer or internal specifications.
• Identifying, troubleshooting and debugging defects in designated application code.
• Working closely with other employees, including other software developers, project managers, and analysts.
• Test the applications in controlled, real situations before deploying to Production.
• Maintain the applications once they are in Production.
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable C# (and other) code.
• Strict adherence to development policies and procedures.
• Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
• Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems.
• Coordinate with Management on current programming tasks.
• Collaborate with other developers to design and implement features.
• Debug existing source code and polish feature sets.
• Work independently when required.
• Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.
• Develop, deliver and test software prototypes.
• Integrate existing software products and getting incompatible platforms to work together.
• Write operational documentation when required.
• Consult customers and colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software applications with a view to writing or modifying current systems.
• Devise possible solutions to anticipated problems.
• Conduct testing and installation of the program into various environments, including Development, Quality Assurance, and Production environments.
• Write detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators.
• Regular research to keep abreast of new software and hardware technologies (in scope for the company focus or potential direction)
• Proper and diligent use of the company’s source control.
• Adherence to coding standards as decided by the company from time to time.
• Agile development – quick delivery of development tasks within agreed time frames.
• Proper adherence to source code Stability & Quality (minimal unhandled Exceptions, Memory Leaks, Crashes, and installation issues, etc.).
• Ensuring that all source code checked into source control system is compiling and properly tested.
• Adherence to the principle of longevity of all software that will be deployed or incorporated into systems that are provided by the company.
• Proper and regular backups of all documentation (internal and external software, systems, and integration).
• Ensuring that dependencies on third party software (SDKs, APIs, Libraries, Integration documentation etc.) are checked into source control system or company-designated shared storage.
• Proper documentation of DNS entries, IP addresses, passwords etc. for all software and hardware deployed (whether used for R&D, QA, Production or Pilot projects).
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Information Technology|