To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below
Our client in the financial services industry is seeking to appoint a Senior Accountant to join their established, international team to work on a fixed-term contract with the possibility of going permanent.
- Analyse complex financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Analyse accounts, records, and reports. Investigates and resolves any accounting issues within area of responsibility. Maintains general ledger accounts.
- Works directly with internal customers on inquiries and issue resolution by directly responding to customer’s emails or Remedy tickets. For more complex inquires, will also meet with customers to resolve.
- Review and approve journal entries and account reconciliations within approved thresholds, using accounting judgement and experience
- Use analytical skills to efficiently source data, transform data into meaningful information, and communicate information effectively to business partners and stakeholders
- Use analytical skills to review variances, detect potential errors or issues, document process that created the variance, determine, and execute corrective actions if required
- Performs period-end financial close responsibilities. Prepares data for financial statements, data for quarterly and annual regulatory filings using applicable systems. Duties may include preparing journal entries and coding invoices/vouchers.
- Performs complex reconciliations for area supported and analyse resulting variances. Proposes and prepares any adjusting entries necessary resulting from reconciliations.
- Researches complex questions and investigates variances on the financial statements. Communicates findings to management.
- Recommends and reviews proposed process improvements. Explores the modification and implementation of changes in systems and procedures and makes effective business case to influence leadership and other functions to support proposed changes.
- Prepares complex reports in support of internal and external audits.
- Interactions and communicates with business partners (finance and non-finance) to secure information to develop and confirm accounting outcomes
- Develop desktop procedures to clearly document tasks performed
- Recommend, develop and implement process improvements to improve accounting operational efficiency and quality of outcomes
- Monitors and establishes performance indicators to track progress against goals
- Performs various ad-hoc reporting, analysis or projects, as needed
- Support SOX control compliance
Qualification and years of experience required
- Be immediately available for employment
- Minimum requirement: B.Comm or equivalent
- Completed SAICA articles preferred with exposure to the financial services industry
- 3 -5 years Corporate Accounting experience
- Multinational experience preferred
- Shared Services environment experience preferred
Suitable and immediately available candidates should send their updated CV to email@example.com for consideration. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks, please deem your application as being unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Business Process Solutions|