To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below.
My client in the telecommunications industry is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their team in Midrand.
The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate financial reports, budgets and forecasts and to provide financial support to the business and its various units. Prepare reports for management, summarising the business’ financial position in areas of income, expenses, capital usage and cash flows, and assists with the preparation of strategic plans, budgets and financial forecasts.
KPI’s will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Talent Management and Development:
- Manage, monitor, allocate and schedule the movements and activities of resources under your control.
- Ensure that all administration such as annual leave, sick leave, time sheets, overtime and expense claims are authorized, approved in line with Group Policies.
- Appoint and promote, where necessary, relevant resources which support the Business objectives, whilst adhering to the company’s transformation plans.
- Ensure annual staff satisfaction surveys are completed.
- Set regional staffs’ KPA’s and annual staff performance appraisals and assessments.
- Ensure that all staff members have completed and updated development plans annually.
- Ensure and foster a productive company culture thereby reducing staff turnover in line with general staff turnover targets.
Stakeholders (Internal and External):
- Provide inputs and support for Customer Satisfaction Surveys which will be conducted biannually.
- Foster and improve vendor / supplier relationships.
- Participation in annual business planning process including:
- Providing inputs into strategic planning and overall business plan process.
- Providing inputs and participate in budgeting process.
- Providing inputs and participate in annual salary review process.
- Participation and providing monthly input in monthly business forecasting and review process.
- Manage the day-to-day activities in line with our business support systems.
- Upholding strict and effective SHEQ (including ISO 9001) measures within the business, ensuring that staff meet the requirements of relevant legislation and Group Policies in this regard at all times.
- Structure and provide regular feedback and reporting for all areas of responsibility to the Business Unit Executive.
Growth and Profitability:
- Achieve growth targets (Order Entry, Turnover, Gross Margin and PBIT) for the business.
- Analyse and appraise for continuous improvement of the business.
- Promote all company solution offerings proactively.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation and review of annual financial statements and compliance with IFRS, on a monthly basis.
- Preparation of quarterly financial section of board packs.
- Ongoing financial controlling of business unit with regards to budgets, overhead costs, recoveries, cash flow and working capital.
- Ensure relevant processes and procedures are documented, registered, controlled and implemented in accordance with standard methodologies and practice.
- Contributes towards preparation of divisions Business Plans based on input from various units.
- Monthly management accounting and analysis to budgets and forecasts.
- Maintains financial accounting and costing records of the division covering, but not limited to, general ledgers, accounts receivable, inventory ledgers, accounts payable, payroll, and expense reports.
- Compilation of budgets and forecasts for the year ahead.
- Audit – liaising with and taking responsibility for external and internal auditor requirements.
- Preparation of Income Tax pack.
- Ownership of VAT and other tax requirements and queries.
- Continuous assessment controls and improves financial controls and reporting, if required.
- Responsible for cash flow forecasts, bank reconciliations and performs treasury operations.
- Responsible for fixed asset register and its reconciliations.
- Co-ordinate and support internal processes to ensure compliance to business guidelines.
- Management of Financial risk e.g.: Insurance.
- B.Com. Accounting Degree at a minimum
- People management is essential.
- Knowledge of IFRS legislation is essential.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in a similar role is essential.
- Financial management experience.
- Corporate management accounting experience (expense management, forecasting, budget analysis, debtors).
- Knowledge of Advanced Excel and accounting software.
- Telecommunication knowledge would be an added advantage.
- IT industry knowledge would be an added advantage.