To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly below.
Our client in the mining industry is currently looking for a Reliability Engineer.
- Grade 12/ Std 10 with Math’s & Science (Mandatory)
- BTech/ BSC or BEng in Mechanical Engineering – NQF 7 (Mandatory)
- Min 4 years’ post degree experience (Mandatory)
- Hydraulics, Condition Monitoring which should include Tribology, Thermographics, Vibration analysis, Technical maintenance techniques, principles and strategies, Maintenance reliability processes (RCM) and principles Including an understanding of the PER (Pressure Equipment Regulation and SANS 347) and Reliability Based Inspections, Root cause failure analysis techniques (RCFA), Project Management, Maintenance and Reliability indicators (KPI)
Job Responsibilities (Outputs)
- Monitor process, conduct inspections and rectify sub-standard performance / conditions.
- Physical and metallurgical process control.
- Perform basic production maintenance tasks and housekeeping.
- Control and handling of products within designated area(s).
- Assist with monitoring and implementation of new procedures and processes.
- Control and oversee quality of feed and products.
- Execute operational, shut- and ad-hoc tasks.
- Adhere to planned production schedules.
- Ensure the optimal use of available resources, both people and equipment.
- Assume responsibility for equipment and new installations in the functional area.
- Complete, process and update all production records and related documentation.
Safe and Healthy Work Environment
- Ensure and maintain a healthy environment, safe operations and practices.
- Comply with SHEQ- and technical requirements.
- Monitor, identify, report and respond to defects and / or sub-standard equipment performance and other improvement opportunities.
- Competent and trained to operate the plant.
Technical Support, Advice and Input
- Inspect, monitor and maintain various types of plant metallurgical equipment and machinery to ensure optimum performance.
- Assist with plant daily reports.
- Communicate effectively with, and assist line Supervisors and related plant / mine personnel with required activities.
Effective People Management
- Support the development and implementation of systems and initiatives to drive performance excellence within the Team.
- Create, inspire and lead high-performance teams. Formal and informal mentorship/training of individuals.
- Implement successful change initiatives.
- Coordinate the optimal utilisation of resources.
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.