To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below.
My client in the electrical, control and instrumentation construction industry is looking for a Proposals Engineer to join their team Sandton.
The Proposals Engineer is responsible for preparing construction quotes/tenders to both external and internal clients. Source information includes scope definition, bills of quantities, technical drawings and specifications, safety, commercial & contractual requirements. The Proposals Engineer is overall responsible for the preparation and timeous submission of a professional tender submission to the client.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Tenders and Orders
- Analysing, evaluating and clarification of construction proposal requests to ensure that all technical requirements and customer specifications are taken into account.
- Define and co-ordinate inputs required from all disciplines for the construction estimate.
- Cost of the Bill of Quantities (BOQs) from tender enquiries using Candy software.
- Plan and costing for the P&G (indirect costs) requirements, site establishment, site infrastructure including supervision, commissioning, temporary site facilities
- Ensure that the tender submission complies with the tender invitation requirements.
- Attendance at on-site clarification meetings as required
- Maintain the tendering electronic data repository on the server.
- Maintain the company tender register.
- Participate in the handover process from Tendering to Projects, ensuring all relevant information is communicated.
- Continuously improve internal systems and procedures.
- Share technical knowledge with Proposals and Projects teams – formal and informal training.
• Matric with English and Mathematics.
• A recognised electrical qualification (Trade test, ND Electric Engineering / BTech / S4 / T3 / QS).
• At least three years’ work experience estimating/quoting in the Electrical construction sector.
• Computer literacy – Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Candy estimating software.
• A valid code 8 driver’s licence.
|Job Category||Electrical Construction|