To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly below.
My client in the agricultural industry is looking for a Product Research Manager to join their team in Pretoria.
The purpose of the role is to assist the company in identifying, researching, developing and registering new products and extending current registrations for crop input products including, but not limited to, agricultural remedies, fertilisers, adjuvants, organic and biological (biocides, bio-stimulants, etc.) products. R&D processes are costly and with limited resources it is critical that R&D activities are driven by market opportunities and that commercial as well as technical feasibilities and potentials are established as early as possible in the process so that resources are used most efficiently and effectively.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A BEE POSITION.
APPLICANTS IN THE AREA WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Continually identify and explore new product opportunities and to extend current products across all ranges and with a particularly strong focus on expending biological and biostimulant product ranges.
- Communicate with current and potential partners, suppliers, research bodies and learning institutions as necessary to identify and explore potential opportunities.
- Working with Management (R&D, Sales & Marketing) to assess commercial and technical feasibilities and to compile commercial and technical motivations for proposed R&D projects/activities.
- Support registration team by assisting with report and dossier compilations as necessitated for Act 36 product registrations.
- Liaise pro-actively with Act 36 office as necessary to facilitate efficient and speedy registration processing.
- Liaise with, and support, company Sales and Marketing Departments as necessary, preparing for product launch activities and related processes.
- Compiling trial protocols and trial reports.
- Communicating with external trial consultants and monitoring of outsourced trials.
- Oversee internal R&D trial team’s trials.
- Assist with monitoring and running of company greenhouse and research infrastructure.
- Oversee the R&D research / trial database.
- Attend industry body (e.g. CropLife SA, SABO, etc) meetings / symposia as necessary.
- BSc Honours or Advanced Diploma or higher in applicable field.
- Minimum 5 years working experience in agricultural industry.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in agrichemical product R&D environment
- Commercial experience or exposure is essential
- Valid driver’s license
- The job function will be based in Pretoria, but the incumbent must be willing to travel and work outside normal office hours when necessary.
MUST BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE:
- Sound knowledge and experience of IPM and bio-strategies.
- Sound knowledge and experience of different crops and pests (insect, diseases, weeds, etc) scenarios.
- Sound knowledge and experience of agrichemical research trial procedures
- Sound knowledge of the functioning of the office of Act 36/1947.
- Clear understanding of RSA agricultural market with the ability to align R&D activities with sales (commercial and market expectations).
- Knowledge and experience in ARM research software will be an advantage.
- Good communication skills in English and Afrikaans.
- Team player but must be able to work on own.
- Computer literate in MS Office programmes.
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.