To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below.
Our client, a wireless infrastructure asset company, is looking for a Principal Specialist (Power Performance), to join their team in Midrand, Gauteng.
Reporting to the Power Manager, the successful individual will be responsible for the end-to-end management of the company Energy Management System (EMS), including site power acquisition, site power generation, electricity storage and all related solution requirements.
This role will lead and realise the Power-as-a Service (PaaS) energy performance strategies and techniques to effectively oversee energy provisioning from power providers through accurate monitoring and billing activities. This includes technical solution design, solution optimization and site power integration and maintenance planning, ensuring power reliability (site uptime), with a full site power total cost of ownership (profit and loss) responsibility.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Power as a Service (PaaS)
- Lead site-specific power strategies based on different customer requirements, based on business requirements.
- Support the operations and maintenance partners by identifying clear techniques and strategies to realise the best possible power provision capability per site.
- Align technical and commercial models to minimise total cost impact of network management for the company, including operational and maintenance requirements, delivering a profitable business case.
- Manage the power as a service solution specialist, and the operations and maintenance support partners in terms of innovative site-specific power design solutions.
- Work with suppliers of products in identifying and implementing best of class solutions.
Supplier and Contract Management
- Develop and design structures to monitor, evaluate and manage supplier solutions, contractors, and 3rd party’s performance against their contracted scope of work, and benchmark best practice on the overall solutions.
Financial Management & Reporting
- Responsible for the formulation and management of all power related operational elements relating to the CAPEX and OPEX requirements.
- Lead and realise dashboards to enable management visibility on the site-specific power performance.
- Oversee the design reporting to identify technical solutions to drive better financial management and improve profitability on solutions deployed.
- Support the company preparation for ISO compliance and certification.
- Design solutions to continuously improve the compliance management of the company and its operations and maintenance partners.
- Grade 12 is essential
- 3-year tertiary electrical qualification (i.e.: diploma or bachelor’s degree)
- Registered as a Master Electrician with the Department of Labour.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on working experience within the telecommunications sector, with essential working knowledge of multi-tenant site power operations.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience within a research and development team, able to design, evaluate, and implement different power solutions.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Deep understanding of existing, new, and emerging technologies.
- Strong technical experience across multiple delivery areas and vendors.
- Technical problem-solving skills, supporting management to be able to navigate through difficult negotiations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to distil complex technical concepts into simple terms, with strong persuasion skills to gain support for principles, standards, and change.
- Excellent relationship building, teamwork, and collaboration skills that enables the provisioning of effective support and guidance across multiple programmes.
- Proven track record on key outputs and disciplines.
- Proven track record of the ability to apply technical knowledge in the analyses of accurate comparisons and reviews of various solution designs and the development of realistic return on investment operational financial models.
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.