To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below.
Our client, a wireless infrastructure asset company, is looking for a Principal Specialist (Alternative Energy Management), to join their team in Midrand, Gauteng.
Reporting to the Power Manager, the successful individual will be responsible for end-to-end ownership of the company alternative energy technical solution design, solution optimisation and site power integration, as well as maintenance planning, ensuring power reliability (site uptime), with a full alternative power cost of ownership responsibility, while achieving the company strategic objectives in reducing its carbon footprint.
The focus of this role relates to clean energy generating elements, including efficiency, technical requirements, load management, deployment strategies, security, remote monitoring, and leading the regional operations and maintenance partner support requirements on all alternative energy management aspects.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Alternative Energy Solution
- Lead site-specific alternative power strategies based on the power requirements related to various technologies deployed.
- Support the operations and maintenance partners by identifying clear techniques and strategies to realise the best possible clean power provisioning capabilities per site through alternative energy management.
- Align technical and commercial models to minimise total cost impact of network management for the company, including the operations and maintenance partners responsibility for alternative energy support.
- Focus on supporting the company leadership team, as well as operations and maintenance partners, with the requirement for new techniques and technologies.
- Solve complex hybrid power requirements.
Supplier and Contract Management
- Manage the operations and maintenance partners in terms of alternative energy operations.
- Work with suppliers of products in identifying and implementing best of class solutions.
Financial Management & Reporting
- Responsible for the formulation and management of the alternative energy related operational elements relating to CAPEX and OPEX requirements.
- Lead and realise dashboards to enable management visibility of all alternative energy aspects.
- Oversee the design reporting to identify technical alternative energy solutions to drive better financial management
- Support the company preparation for ISO compliance and certification.
- Design solutions to continuously improve the compliance management of the company and its operations and maintenance partners.
- Grade 12 is essential
- 3-year related tertiary qualification (i.e.: diploma or bachelor’s degree) – Electrical qualification is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on working experience within the alternative energy sector, with essential working knowledge of alternative energy management relating to site energy generation monitoring, site energy management (energy data), site energy performance
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience within a research and development team, able to design, evaluate, and implement different site alternative energy solutions.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Deep understanding of existing, new, and emerging technologies in alternative energy.
- Strong technical experience across multiple delivery areas and vendors.
- Technical problem-solving skills, supporting management to be able to navigate through difficult negotiations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to distil complex technical concepts into simple terms, with strong persuasion skills to gain support for principles, standards, and change.
- Excellent relationship building, teamwork, and collaboration skills that enables the provision of effective support and guidance across programmes.
- Proven track record on key outputs and disciplines.
- Proven track record of the ability to apply technical knowledge in the analyses of accurate comparisons and reviews of various solution designs and the development of realistic return on investment operational financial models.
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.