Posted 2 weeks ago
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below.
Our client in the mining industry is looking for a Long-term Strategic Mine Planning Engineer to join their team in Guinea for a 12 month contract.
The role is rotational (6 weeks on, 3 weeks off).
The successful individual will occupy a key role in the local leadership team, reporting to the Senior Mining Engineer. The position will:
- Design & schedule Life-of-Mine Plans (“LOMP”)
- Monitor and report on the performance of the mining operations against the LOMP
- Define LOMP scenarios, schedule and interpret results
- Design & schedule strategic mine plans
- Participate in feasibility studies
- Align with current marketing team strategies and assist with development of alternative product strategies.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Policies, Processes & Procedures
- Adhere to company policies, processes and procedures in all elements of the mine planning department.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the mining operations against the LOM plan and project against the budget so that areas of unsatisfactory performance are identified and rectified promptly and potential performance improvement plans formulated and implemented.
- Safety, Quality & Environment
- Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management policies, procedures and controls across the section in order to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance and a responsible environmental attitude
- Ensure HSSEC elements are incorporated in the mining operation’s policies and procedures, and execution
- Participate in investigation to identify work place hazards and risks involved in the mine planning and daily mine production to minimize exposure to personnel and mine equipment.
- Stride to create a safer worker environment
- Ensure that the mining operation meets the requirements of the company environmental management plan.
- Technical responsibility
- Mine Design and Optimisation
- Manage Life of Mine planning
- Strategic option analysis to assess impacts on value
- Analyse and identify engineering problems in order to provide solutions.
- Manage/facilitate mine-related projects as appropriate
- Assist with estimating mine plan costs and economic evaluations
- Coaching and mentoring of mining engineers
- Recommend relevant benchmarks and identify the best practice leading to these benchmarks and the improvement activities required to achieve and exceed them
- Other Job-specific dimensions
- Compile reports and presentations showing the potential around known deposits
- Prepare inputs for the planning process
- Related Assignments
- Performs other related duties or assignments as directed
- Technical authority/decision making
- Recommend LOM plans to the Senior Mining Engineer and the Manager for Technical Services
- Mining Engineering degree from an appropriate institution OR verifiable technical skills from appropriate prior learning
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in the mining industry
- Knowledge of open pit mining methods and design required
- Experience in LOM and strategic mine planning and scheduling is essential
- Good analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Well experienced in resource and reserve reporting
- Highly proficient in management and optimisation of planning systems, data management systems and seamless integration of data
- Super-user of planning software and data management software
- Highly proficient in programming and scripting
- Added advantage: skilled in Micromine and Runge stratigraphic metals planning software
- An effective problem-solver with good interpersonal skills at all levels, and an ability to resolve conflict
- Operational understanding of geotechnical and design issues in an open pit mine
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in English (written and verbal), French will be an advantage
- A results-orientated individual who is committed to achieving targets
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- Strong computer skills with mine design and scheduling programmes required.
- Technical proficiency to draft clear and concise reports
- Strong data management skills
- Strong scripting skills
- Strong system optimisation skills
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge to up the skill set of the technical services department
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.