To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Installation (incl. IP camera, IP laser, network switches, LED lights, etc.) on client equipment such as conveyor belts and flotation cells, with a focus on:
o Sensor mounting and configuration
o Network connectivity & configuration
o Low voltage power supply
o Software installation & XML configuration
• Handover, training, and client engagement
• On-going remote sensor health monitoring and diagnostics o sensors in the field
o Regularly liaising with client to troubleshoot technical issues and to advise the customer
o Remote setup, configuration, calibration and updating software
o Debug sensor, OPC and data integrity problems
o Automated troubleshooting toolbox and standard operating procedure (SOP) development to solve recurring problems more efficiently
o Liaising with internal & client IT department regarding infrastructure architecture planning and maintenance
• On-going field services o Travel to site – estimated at 20-30 trips per year (trip duration typically 2-5 days, but may at times be up to 4 weeks) o Working closely with our Support Technicians based in Johannesburg & Cape Town
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Onsite Service expierence (Minerals processing and Mining industry beneficial).
• Software scripting expierence (Advantages).
• Selection / troubleshooting and configurations expierence in Electronics (Wi-Fi, Flood Lights, IP Cameras and more) and in hardware (Servers, network devices, Wi-Fi and other IT equipment).
• Expierence in server and database hosting, as well as firewalling, etc.
• Expierence in electronic fault finding and replacements.
• Knowledge in OPC Communication and Setup (Advantages)
• Comfortable working within a team of suppliers to deliver relevant solutions to a client(s)
• A valid license
• Medically fit to pass client medicals & perform physical/hand-on duties, this includes a Covid vacination certificate, due to the nature of the business.
Please note that if you have not received a response to your submission within 2 weeks, your application has been unsuccessful.
|Job Category||Technology / IT / Mining|