Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
My client in the electrical industry is looking for an External Sales Engineer (Drives and Automation) to join their team in Sandton.
CANDIDATES IN THE AREA WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE
The main purpose of the role includes:
- Generate VSD business from new and existing customers
- Internal and external technical support of the drives business
- Customer liaison and visits
- Commissioning and basic repairs
- Other reasonable tasks as requested by management.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
To generate VSD business from new and existing customers:
The primary function of this position is to aggressively penetrate the market and generate VSD business.
- Cold calling on new customers.
- Establish and maintain strong customer relationships with existing and new customers
- Provide high levels of service ensuring customer satisfaction
- Co-ordinate activities within the company to ensure commitments to customers are kept.
- Administration coupled to sales activities:
- Call plans
- Call reports
- Budgets forecasts
- Monthly reports
- CRM Maintenance and use
Internal and external technical support of the drives business:
- Answering customer queries
- Supporting the company representatives, internal sales and projects in preparing quotes and information for customers.
- Periodically preparing quotes and tenders.
Customer liaison and visits:
- Meeting with customers to clarify enquiry specifications
- Dealing with customer queries on technical issues.
Commissioning and basic repairs:
- This position is essentially not a service technician, but will require that the successful applicant do both commissioning and basic repairs.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Electrical background – preferably an electrical trade or equivalent experience
- An N6 / S4 in Electrical Engineering or similar qualification will be advantageous
- A minimum of 2 years Variable Speed Drives related experience.
- Basic understanding of the operation and design of a Variable Speed Drive
- Computer literacy – good general computer knowledge and experience as well as Windows, MS Word, and Excel. (SYSPRO is an advantage)
- A keen sense of urgency and a willingness to learn additional job related skills.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Excellent people, communication, and organisational skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm as well as the willingness to handle difficult situations.
- CRM experience will be advantageous
- Is subject to work beyond normal working hours, evenings, weekends and holidays should the need arise.
- Position will require out of town travel.
- Travelling outside South African borders could be required from time to time.
|Job Category||Professional Vacancies|