To apply, send your CV to email@example.com or apply directly at the link below
Our client in the software (Mining) sector currently has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager’s primary responsibility is expanding and maintaining the client base of product offerings. The incumbent is responsible for identifying, qualifying and closing new or existing business.
Listed, but not limited to, are the key competencies and experience for this position.
· Sales skills (e.g. lead generation, networking, communication, solution identification, closing)
· Mining related experience
· Technology experience (e.g. enterprise, business systems or control systems)
Experience and Education
· 8+ years’ experience in business development, client consultation and
· delivery of IT and/or Mining solutions.
• Experience in software sales and/or in a similar vendor environment.
• Displays a strong understanding in software sales and licence services.
• Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate effectively in a business environment.
• A stable track record of achieving above budget sales performance where most revenue was derived from new customers.
• Experience in mining industry / mining software sales (Desirable)
Listed, but not limited to, are the key responsibilities for this position
• Present and sell the company’s solutions to new prospects in the specified
• Record all customer contact information and sales activities in company CRM, in accordance with company’s sales process and policy.
• Prepare action/business plans and schedules to identify potential clients and sales strategies.
• Maintain relationships and build further sales opportunities (including annual renewals) with current / existing clients.
• Follow up new leads and referrals resulting from marketing activity.
• Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned from either market research or establishing contacts.
• Prepare presentations, proposals, tender responses and sales contracts.
• Prepare and maintain status reports, including sales pipeline opportunities, probability of closing and follow ups.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, client information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
• Coordinate key stakeholders in management, operations, product management and development divisions to deliver proposals within required deadlines and close sales.
• Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, product launches as and when required.
• Liaise with services team leader to ensure satisfactory product delivery and client training.
• Participate in product training.
• Work cooperatively with key managers in all regions.
• Communicate with HQ for meetings / appointments may be required outside of normal working hours.
• Travel as required.
• Other tasks as directed by your manager(s)