Cape Town, Western Cape
Posted 2 years ago
To apply, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly at the link below
Analyse user requirements, design, build and support bespoke technical solutions in the cloud and across the environment. This is a 6-month contract position based at the Head Office in Cape Town.
- Analysis, technical design and development aligned to team processes & requirements
- Develop technical specifications from systems specifications
- Design and code programs of greater complexity and size from technical specifications.
- Maintain and support existing systems
- Interpret user requirements and translate into systems design
- Investigate and solve systems issues
- Ensure systems documentation is kept up to date.
- Ensures effective operations
- Implement approved changes as per change control and security process
- Plan, organize and control own work effort, including regular progress feedback
- Acting as a mentor to all team members on their assigned project tasks
- Participating in Agile team meetings
- 3-year IT Diploma
- 5 years programming experience (C#, .NET, .NET Core)
Azure development experience:
- Function Apps
- Service Apps
- Service Plans
- Azure SQL
- Application Insights
- AWS development experience beneficial
- SQL Server
- REST API, WebAPI
- ASP .NET, MVC, Blazor
- Azure DevOps boards, repositories and pipelines with GIT, CI/CD
- TDD and unit testing with Microsoft Test Framework or similar including Moq
- In-depth understanding of development techniques, principles, and design principles
- 5 years programming experience (.Net)
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Solid agile understanding and experience
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team and stakeholders
- Proven product/project delivery experience
- Show initiative by presenting new ideas and solutions
- Demonstrable experience in designing, building and deploying robust, scalable cloud applications in Azure
- Ability to research technology-related concepts, trends and best practices, and apply findings
- Proactively approaches others to obtain missing information
- Takes action to reconcile discrepancies
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset in planning and implementing activities/projects
- Clearly defines objectives and translates them into workable activities
- Listens attentively and checks understanding of the message being received.
- Prepares clear, well-structured presentations using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Manages existing partnerships within established agreements or contracts; negotiates adjustments when mutually beneficial to do so.
- Actively seeks out positive spin-offs of change and investigates ways in which change can be used
- Demonstrates resourcefulness in acquiring necessary knowledge, skills and competencies to adapt to change
|Job Category||Retail / Information Technology|